SURfaPLUS has the expertise to:
- Develop adjuvants for application in greenhouse grown crops and arable farming.
- Measure key factors like deposition on leaves, spreading of drops and foliar uptake
- Measure the effect of adjuvants on the efficacy of (bio)pesticides
R&D capabilities in collaboration with facility partners
- Development of an effective match between adjuvant and pesticide properties
- Application of physical chemistry for the development of tank-mix adjuvants
- Greenhouse tests and tests in climate rooms with fungicides, insecticides, nutrients and herbicides.
- Laboratory track sprayer
- Rain simulator for measurement effect of rain on pesticide performance
- Using fluorescent dyes for investigating drop residue make-up via microscopy and for investigating spray deposition on leaves
- Several laboratory and greenhouse tests to predict the phytotoxicity of adjuvants and formulation constituents
- Access to fluorescence technology for an accurate and rapid recording (quantitative and by imaging) of the adjuvant's influence on the activity of photosynthesis-inhibitors and herbicides like glufosinate and glyphosate.
Research partner Botany, Horst, The Netherlands
Research partner Plant Research International, Wageningen,The Netherlands